Sunday 20 November 2016

Birthdays

Sharing this because you guys will get this. 

IMG_0667.PNG

Last week my boy "Mr C" turned 8 and we held his first ever "friend" birthday party. In past it's only been family and close friends. This year he invited his whole class and other friends. 

IMG_0666.PNG

We did a minecraft theme (as you can see In the photos) and he had a ball. About 20 children including classmates, after school care friends and cousins joined us. 

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

He loved the food! He read all the labels, giggled at the grape "slimeballs" and it was a great afternoon. After playing for a while he came to me and said "mum - what can I eat??" And yes I had his "food" tucked away. 

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG


My husband said - all this and not one thing he would eat. I knew it! I was prepared! No one even noticed he didn't like the food. But the kids all thought it was great! 


Inclusion = preparedness.


Proud of my little man and all his friends.


Oh - also we had the hind sight not to open presents at the party. Asd kids are not known for tack. And sure enough one present was not to his liking and he made a rude comment. I could only imagine the pain of the gift giver and parent if they heard 😲


No comments: